1. Define these terms and exemplify them: (2.5)
C) free morpheme
d) closed-class words
2. What are the differences between inflectional and derivational morphemes?
3. How did the verbs “to Xerox” and “to snowball” form in English?
4. What is the difference between polysemy and homonymy? Give examples?
5. What are deictic expressions? Provide examples?
6. What are the two kinds of context?
7. Draw the proper tree diagrams for these sentences: (3)
A) I know the boy who kicked the ball.
B) I will put on my coat right now.